5 Best Invisible Dog Fence Reviews and Comparison 2017
As a pet owner you want the best for your pet cat or dog however you can’t be there all the time to ensure their safety and security. Once your pet wanders off your yard, there is a good chance that he might go missing, get run over by a vehicle or be picked up by a stranger. Thankfully there is an innovative way to keep your pets safe even when they wander off your property. You can use an the best invisible dog fence for your pet cat or dog.
We have here a review of the best invisible fence for dogs in the market today. This review intends to help you find the ideal invisible fence that will fit your needs as well as the needs of your furry friend.
An invisible fence works like an actual physical fence in such a way that there is a barrier placed on an area; your pet will be unable to pass, climb or dig through the barrier because of static stimulation that will stop his movements.
Your pet dog will stay in the area that you have designated and will stay safe even if you are not around. An invisible pet fence will protect your dog from wandering off busy roads, playing near dangerous areas like the pool side or near the tool shed or simply keep him from accessing special areas around your home.
Shortlisted Best Invisible Dog Fence List
1/3 of an Acre
1/3 of an acre
1 1/3 acres
up to 25 acres
¾ of an acre
Top 5 Invisible Fence for Dogs that are Easy to Install and Protect your DogView on Amazon
The PetSafe YardMax is a rechargeable in-ground fence designed for dogs and cats to create a safer and greater play area. This particular brand can create up to 30% more play area (up to 1/3 of an acre of coverage) to let your pets play endlessly and safely even when you are not around.
It comes with a rechargeable waterproof receiver collar that can charge in just 2 to 3 hours which can last up to 3 weeks per charge depending on use. The receiver collar is completely customizable with up to 5 levels of static stimulation and tone.
It can fit dogs up to 5 pounds or more with neck sizes from 6 to 26 inches. The PetSafe YardMax has a Perfectfit and Readytest features that makes sure that the collar is ready and working before you let your beloved pet go.
What We Liked
- Provides 30% more play area for pet cats and dogs
- Waterproof receiver collar
- Uses tone and static correction
- Rechargeable and waterproof collar
- Quick charging in just 2 to 3 hours; can last up to 3 weeks depending on use
- Will work up to 1/3 of an acre coverage, expandable up to 1 acres when extra wires and flags are added
- Compatible with Pawz Away pet barrier products
- With Perfectfit and Readytest features. PetSafe US – based customer care ready via chat, email or call available six days a week
What We Didn't Like
- Complaints that there was no way to override the alarm
- Complaints that the product did not work for their particular breed of dog
It is easy to see why the PetSafe YardMax is one of the best invisible fences for dogs. It provides a larger area for dogs to roam free and happy without the owner worrying about their safety and security. It comes with a waterproof collar receiver that is customizable using tone and static levels.
A great thing about this collar is it can charge for only 2 to 3 hours and it can run for 3 weeks under normal conditions. It has ready test features to make sure that you will never leave your dog with an uncharged collar or receiver.View on Amazon
The PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence is a fully-customizable dog fence that will provide your pet dog or cat 1/3 acre play area. You can expand this up to 5 acres with the purchase of additional flags and wires.
It comes with a lightweight receiver collar that can work with dogs up to 8 pounds in weight and neck sizes from 6 to 26 inches. It is completely adjustable and provides 4 levels of static correction as well as a tone-only mode.
You won’t be sending your dog out to play with a failing battery. A special low battery indicator will tell you that you need to recharge it. The battery is guaranteed to provide 1 to 2 hours of battery life depending on use.
What We Liked
- Can provide a safe and secure area of up to 1/3 of an acre
- With a lightweight receiver collar for dogs up to 8 pounds and necks of 6 to 26 inches
- Completely adjustable with 4 levels of static stimulation and tone only mode
- Low battery indicator with 1 to 2 months battery life
- Surge protector to protect the fence from electricity surges and spikes
- Owners can add unlimited number of pets with the use of extra collars for each pet
- With PetSafe US –based customer care specialists ready to help via chat, email or call for tech support.
What We Didn't Like
- Complaints that it does not give a warning tone or beep for dogs
- Complaints of keeping the wire buried and safe from
The PetSafe Basic In-Ground Fence is exactly what it is. It is a basic invisible fence for dogs and cats that will provide sufficient room for dogs and cats to roam safely. It will keep pets safe and secure and it comes with a waterproof receiver collar that will let you customize your training using static levels and tone levels.
This collar has a low battery warning so you will immediately see that the device needs charging before you set your dog or cat free. This fence is also customizable to work with more pets, simply add more collars and you are set to control all your pets at once.
There are a few complaints about the product especially about not giving any warnings before delivering a static shock to the dog. This might be something that has to be taken into consideration when choosing the ideal invisible dog fence for your pet.
The SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System is an invisible fence for dogs that can cover 1 1/3 acres of land and is expandable up to 100 acres upon installation of more wires and flags. It can also accommodate unlimited number of dogs as long as these pets wear compatible receiver collars.
It is easy to install underground and is actually a kit with 1000 feet of 2-gauge boundary wire and 100 flags. The kit has a waterproof receiver collar that will use tone and vibration to train the dog to avoid the fence.
You control the correction levels according to the temperament of your dog.
The SportDOG has a wall-mountable transmitter that has a lightning and surge protector to prevent damage due to lightning strikes or power surges.
Other features that make this invisible dog fence a good choice includes low battery indicators, anti-linger features, detailed operating guide and a training DVD.
You can even expand your invisible fence to accommodate more dogs and a larger area.
What We Liked
- Containment system is easy to install and expandable up to 100 feet and an unlimited number of dogs
- Comes with 1000 feet of gauge 20 boundary wire and 100 flags for 1 1/3 acres of land
- A waterproof collar and receiver; uses tone and vibration as the dog nears the boundary
- A wall-mountable transmitter with a lightning protector
- Collar receiver can accommodate small to extra-large sized dogs over 10 pounds
- A low battery indicator and an anti-linger feature to avoid running the battery down. Collar uses a standard 9-volt battery that will last 6 to 12 months
- Comes with an operating guide and training DVD
- Has a locally-based Customer Care Center 6 days a week for product support
What We Didn't Like
- Complaints that it was to tedious to install
- Complaints that it did not work for a certain breed of dog
The SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System is a good basic invisible fence for dogs and comes in a kit complete with wires and flags capable of creating a safe and secure 1 1/3 acre space for pets to roam.
It is fully expandable up to 100 feet and can accommodate an unlimited number of dogs as well. It has a waterproof receiver collar that uses static correction, tone and vibration to prevent dogs from crossing the boundary.
It has good features like a low battery indicator, anti-linger, lighting, and surge protector for its transmitter box so your pet will stay safe no matter what.
There are complaints that it is tedious to install especially when you are installing it on several acres of land. However this has to be done in order to keep pets safe and should be taken as a part of the process of using an invisible dog fence.View on Amazon
The eXtreme Dog Fence is an in –ground electric dog fence that is easy to install. This is a DIY kit that includes a rich transmitter designed to accommodate unlimited number of dogs, waterproof collars, wires, flags and is capable of extended area coverage.
This is the second generation of the eXtreme Dog Fence since it can cover up to 25 acres and above, is compatible with new collars and comes with 3 antennas and 12x battery checks. It comes with a receiver collar that is waterproof at 100 feet deep.
This dog fence can be set up virtually in any layout design that you need such as 1 to 4 sided, triangle, rectangle, waterfront, single loop, double loop and more.
What We Liked
- Covers up to 25 acres
- With updated electronics that are compatible with new collars, antennas and more
- Receiver collar is completely waterproof and submersible up to 100 feet deep waters
- Is 100% customizable and can be set up virtually with more than 10 layout designs
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on the dog fence wire, 10 year warranty on electronics
- Kit comes with 1000 feet of 14 gauge solid copper core wire, 50 feet of 16 gauge dog fence twisted wire, 100 training flags, contact points, contact covers, training caps, splice kits and landscapes and yard staples
- With 24-hour assistance in setting up the fence and training dogs and puppies
What We Didn't Like
- Does not come with instructions
- Complaints that it does not work with other dogs
The eXtreme dog fence is an in-ground dog fence that will work well with dogs and cats that work up to 25 acres of land. It is a smart way to control dogs from wandering out and getting lost especially when you have an uncontrollable dog.
This product is a DIY kit that includes 1000 feet of solid copper wire, twisted wire, flags and more. It has all that you need to immediately start containing your pet and keep him safe and secure.
This dog fence also comes with an easy to control receiver that can train dogs using static, sound and vibration stimulation. It can warn dogs to stay away in just one beep.
This is completely expandable to an unlimited number of dogs and is expandable up to 100 acres by adding more wire and flags. There are only a few complaints for this product which still makes it one of the best invisible dog fences in the market.
The PetSafe Stay + Play is a wireless fence that can cover up to ¾ acre for dogs and cats over 5 pounds. The collar receiver is completely waterproof and rechargeable and uses tone and static correction to stop pets from crossing the fence.
It covers a range of 105 feet in all directions from the transmitter and with this distance, you can expand this to accommodate more pets and a larger area with the use of more wires and more flags.
The PetSafe receiver collar can provide 5 levels of correction as well as a tone-only mode for training. The collar charges to full in just 2 to 3 hours with one charge to last for a week.
This invisible dog fence can be set up in just a few hours and is ideal for keeping dogs safe in an RV, in a vacation home and even at home.
What We Liked
- Can cover up to ¾ acre and is adjustable up to 105 feet in all directions
- Expandable system, you can add an unlimited number of pets using additional PetSafe Wireless Receiver Collars
- Designed for pets 5 pounds and more with neck sizes 6 to 28 inches
- With 5 levels of correction and a tone-only mode
- An ergonomic collar that can last for 3 weeks in one full charge
- Easy to set up; takes only a few hours to do so
- Available PetSafe US-based customer care specialists six days a week
What We Didn't Like
- Pet area cannot be changed into a square or rectangular-shaped area
- Complaints that it won’t work for cats
The PetSafe Stay + Play Wireless Fence is a good wireless correction fence to use on pets especially on dogs.
It provides a safe and secure environment for pets to move and a sense of security for owners. It is expandable and could work on multiple dogs.
The collar delivers 5 levels of static correction and a tone-only mode to help keep pets safe at home or in a vacation home or RV camp. It may not work well with cats but overall, it has received good reviews on dogs and is still one of the best invisible fences for dogs.
How far would you allow your pet to run free?
Different invisible fences have a particular coverage area; choose one that will work with your situation, the size of your property and the needs of your pet.
What breed of dog you have?
According to a few reviews, there are dog breeds that don’t pay heed to static correction and therefore this fence could be useless. Discuss about the needs of each breed with your vet.
How many dogs or pets you have
Most wireless fences for dogs are expandable. All you need to do is to purchase a compatible collar for each of your pet. And as you expand the number of dogs or pets, the size of the perimeter should be increased to accommodate the activity needs of all your pet dogs.
Every owner wants to protect his pet however it’s impossible to be there all the time. An invisible fence for dogs and cats can help keep pets safe while letting them enjoy the outdoors.
It is important for pet owners to purchase the ideal invisible fence that will work for his or her own dog and a fence that will provide years of good use with great useful features.
There are many brands and manufacturers of invisible fences for dogs and you must read reviews to be able to find the best invisible dog fence for you and your pet to use at home or anywhere.